Fishing at Rossie

Moderators: Daves, admin, Phil, billbo

Fishpro

Fishing at Rossie

Post by Fishpro » Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:27 am

Back awhile I made a post on the subject of possibly fishing over at Rossie. As I have received no comments I would like to try once again. Anyone out there familiar with fishing over at Rossie? Is there fishing for Walleye during the season or have they all returned to the lake? Are there places to launch a canoe ? Is it legal to park and fish near the old mill ? Does the town sport a diner or place to grab some lunch ? Last but not least - do the locals have any objections to fishing around the bridge or mill falls ?

Phil
Site Admin

Re: Fishing at Rossie

Post by Phil » Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:46 am

You can park in the area (lot) adjacent to the falls and you could hand launch a canoe from the rocks there. Walleye remaining in the river after the run is common, but depends on how long between the run and opening of the season. Generally they are in the river (deeper areas) through the summer.
No diner in Rossie, that I know of - bring your lunch.
I don't know that any of the shoreline near the bridge is "public".
Phil

racing11111

Re: Fishing at Rossie

Post by racing11111 » Sun Apr 24, 2011 3:05 am

we fished at rossie for crappies and have caught walleye and lots of smallies all the way into june.we also used an aqua view camera looking for structure and have seen walleyes on camera there .the hole is very deep and lots of rocks and structure. good luck hope this helps.