This makes me sick...

Moderators: Daves, admin, Phil, billbo

funtimesBL

This makes me sick...

Post by funtimesBL » Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:43 pm

Nothing short of public beatings will make me happy....

http://www.wwnytv.com/news/local/5-Men- ... 83994.html

tracker175txw

Re: This makes me sick...

Post by tracker175txw » Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:50 pm

They Need to get the max for this!!!!!!! :twisted:
Set the hook and hold on!!!

earl

Post by earl » Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:00 pm

glad to see the dec on the job. please phil. check on the sentence and post it.ithink this justice is good but in the past i have seen some poor sentences.

wildchild

Post by wildchild » Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:13 am

These young "men" need to grow up, and face the maximum for this. At least the fish could be saved, but how much stress was placed on spawning females? A couple hundred hours of community service would probably wize them up a bit, spending the time walking the riverbanks picking up trash would seem fine by me!
NEVER GIVE UP-MIKE IACONELLI

racing11111

Post by racing11111 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:43 am

I think a 1000.00 a fish for the fine is about right.I also like the community service post about picking up trash on the lake.

Phil
Site Admin

Post by Phil » Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:56 am

Glad they got caught. Too bad they can't all be caught.
Phil

wfshrek

Post by wfshrek » Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:26 am

I agree. $1,000.00 a fish. Great job by the DEC. There tough up there and there doing a great Job. There tough down here to.

WalleyeHunter

Post by WalleyeHunter » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:37 pm

Down here (Oneida County) on Fish Creek which feeds Oneida Lake, and is huge for spawning walleyes, the DEC are regularly walking the river bank. And when I say "regularly" I mean a couple times a day.

During the spawn, there is absolutely no fishing allowed on the river. I've got a co-worker who lives on the river, and he hikes it everyday. He's been stopped quite a few times and questioned, with the area around him is searched for gear and such. He's also seen them spying on him :).

With the cuts the State has made to the DEC, it's refreshing to know these short staffed officers are still taking the time to strictly enforce the law on the river.

Phil
Site Admin

Post by Phil » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:42 pm

WalleyeHunter wrote:Down here (Oneida County) on Fish Creek which feeds Oneida Lake, and is huge for spawning walleyes, the DEC are regularly walking the river bank. And when I say "regularly" I mean a couple times a day.

During the spawn, there is absolutely no fishing allowed on the river. I've got a co-worker who lives on the river, and he hikes it everyday. He's been stopped quite a few times and questioned, with the area around him is searched for gear and such. He's also seen them spying on him :).

With the cuts the State has made to the DEC, it's refreshing to know these short staffed officers are still taking the time to strictly enforce the law on the river.
fyi - St. Lawrence, Franklin and Jefferson Counties are at FULL staff for ECOs. And they have approved OT to boot. They should be on these spawning sites 24 hours-a-day!
Phil