Gas Prices

Moderators: Daves, admin, Phil, billbo

johncran

Gas Prices

Post by johncran » Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:09 pm

Here we go again. With summer just around the corner the timing couldn't be worse. $5.00 a gallon appears realistic. :shock: So I wonder if the local lake economy is gonna take another hit. I hope not. We saw some businesses throw in the towel a couple of years ago. Last year most were just hanging on trying to break even. Not an encouraging scenario looking forward. :cry:

Central NY Girl

Re: Gas Prices

Post by Central NY Girl » Sat Mar 05, 2011 6:14 pm

You are so right it has been extremly hard the past couple of years. we made our reservations this year to find the rental is based on 2 people verses 4, which raised our rental $150.I'm not knocking them because I know they work hard and we will come anyway. we work hard all year and deserve the vacation. But the gas is crazy. well enough complaining we can't wait to get to the lake and truly relax and fish,fish,fish.

tmutt

Post by tmutt » Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:11 am

The trip will cost us $125 in gas alone @ $5/gal..... Not to worry, it is worth it!
Tight lines,

Tmutt

sasnyder

Post by sasnyder » Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:45 am

It just seems like they are just out to get the working class. If gas goes to $6 I would still go
to the lake. I might not eat one day :evil: but I will still come to the lake it is what I dream about all year. But let us pray it does not go to $5. maybe tapping the reserves will help now so they can ration gas later like back in the 70's. Then we will have to row our boats on the water imagine fighting the waves in a row boat. :lol:

tmutt

Post by tmutt » Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:45 pm

I'm not "Working Class"! That is one step (or maybe two) above me. The funding will find its way to the gas tank one way or another. You just can't put a price on a day at the lake!
Tight lines,

Tmutt

wildchild

Post by wildchild » Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:41 am

In a week I go through about 80 gallons! The math doesn't look so good, I am comming anyway and will fish my butt of and have a great time as allways! Might slow down and not run at full speed to try to save a little cash on gas though, or might say the heck it with and go all out just because this is The U.S.A. and I can!
NEVER GIVE UP-MIKE IACONELLI

sasnyder

Post by sasnyder » Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:17 am

just out of curiousity how much is gas around the lake? Yesterday in the amsterdam area it jumped to 3.73 :evil:

Chuckles

Post by Chuckles » Sun May 01, 2011 8:04 am

I would like to know as well. Thanks

Phil
Site Admin

Post by Phil » Sun May 01, 2011 10:15 am

Chuckles wrote:I would like to know as well. Thanks
Doesn't make any difference to me. But, I think you can track gas prices on-line somewhere.
http://www.eia.doe.gov/oil_gas/petroleu ... _page.html
It'll be sure change tomorrow - :wink:
Phil

jigginmike

Post by jigginmike » Sun May 01, 2011 1:28 pm

Replying to sasnyder-

I wish our gas in the triple cities was $3.73. Around here it's a bargain if you can get it for $3.95. Right now it's averaging $4.01 with more and more stations at $4.05. It will definitely will rise as we get closer to Memorial Day. I truly hope that the business owner's around the lake can weather the storm. I hate to see anyone having to cash it in because of the economy. We will be at the lake withing the next two weeks to open up camp. I guess we'll see for ourselves the cost of fuel.

sasnyder

Post by sasnyder » Sun May 01, 2011 5:20 pm

Well don't feel bad. that price was from March.
We also are at 4.09 :evil: But the good news is the oil companies show a rise in profit...Thanks to us little people :twisted:
jigginmike wrote:Replying to sasnyder-

I wish our gas in the triple cities was $3.73. Around here it's a bargain if you can get it for $3.95. Right now it's averaging $4.01 with more and more stations at $4.05. It will definitely will rise as we get closer to Memorial Day. I truly hope that the business owner's around the lake can weather the storm. I hate to see anyone having to cash it in because of the economy. We will be at the lake withing the next two weeks to open up camp. I guess we'll see for ourselves the cost of fuel.

mavy

Post by mavy » Sun May 01, 2011 7:52 pm

gas here in the hudson valley (30 miles south of Albany) is at 4.o5, Ouch! however we will still buy it and I will be at the lake in a week. My 4 pals and I have doing this for 28 years and will keep on doing this God willing!

reustis

Post by reustis » Mon May 02, 2011 8:26 am

I was at the lake saturday and Echo's gas was $4.09 and like everywhere else....probably rising....enjoy the lake...